Technical Support Engineer
Amptek is a world leader in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of radiation detection components. These components are used in X-ray and gamma-ray detection for the laboratory and portable instrumentation industries, for analytical and other applications, and for the satellite industry. We provide radiation detectors, signal processing electronics, software, and other components to OEMs and to end users.
We are looking for an engineer who will handle the first tier of technical support for our products and will also test new products and demonstrate new applications.
- Answer questions from current and prospective customers about the features and performance of our products, through telephone, e-mail, and other communication media
- Help customers with software installation and initial hardware setup
- Respond to reported problems and either work them to closure or coordinate additional engineering staff or resources
- Carry out development tests and evaluations for new products and new applications of existing products
- Track customer issues and concerns and provide input to development projects as a customer advocate
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or physical science
- Experience with the configuration and use of scientific instruments is required
- Experience with instrumentation for analytical chemistry and/or radiation detection is desirable
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows applications
- Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to diagnose, analyze, and troubleshoot a range of technical problems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)