Product Applications Engineer
Amptek’s Product Application Engineer will provide technical support and applications engineering for Amptek’s family of products. Amptek is a world leader in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of radiation detection components used in X-ray and gamma-ray detection. These are used primarily in X-ray spectroscopy, for analytical chemistry in laboratory and portable applications, and in nuclear and space research.
The candidate will work directly with design engineers and sales to provide pre/post sales technical support. This includes demonstrations, training, supporting product installation, diagnosing reported problems, and hands-on test and evaluation of new applications and products. Individual must be customer focused with excellent communication skills and a strong technical background.
- Answer questions from current and prospective customers about the features and performance of our products. Support customer selection of their system.
- Help customers with software installation and hardware setup. Train customers regarding best use of Amptek’s products.
- Respond to reported problems and either work them to closure or coordinate additional engineering staff or resources.
- Perform product evaluations of Amptek’s products. Demonstrate new application. This position requires hands on work in engineering labs to test and investigate issues at the system level.
- Track customer issues and concerns. Contribute to the development of next generation products as a customer advocate.
- Some travel, domestic and international, is expected.
- Asia: 1-2 times per year
- Europe: 1-2 times per year
- Domestically: 2-4 times per year
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or physical science
- Experience with the configuration and use of scientific instruments is required
- Experience with instrumentation for analytical chemistry and/or radiation detection is desirable
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows applications
- Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to diagnose, analyze, and troubleshoot a range of technical problems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)