If you have one of the following products, please use the Amptek DPPMCA software (or its predecessor, ADMCA, as appropriate) to acquire a spectrum and send a saved .mca file to Amptek:
How to save and email .mca files and diagnostic data to Amptek
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the DPPMCA software.
- Power on your device in accordance with its instructions
- Connect your device with your PC, and connect with the software
- Click “Help”, then “About DPPMCA”.
- Click the “Request Diagnostics ” button. Diagnostic data will be dumped into the box; this includes a hex dump of the configuration memory. Select all these values, copy them (Ctrl-C), and save them in a text file. Notepad is a convenient editor.
- Click “OK” and close out of “About”.
- Acquire a spectrum for approximately 30 seconds; if there is no spectrum displayed, still save the file as it will contain important information about the system that will help Amptek troubleshoot the problem
- Go to the File menu and select Save As to save the .mca file.
- Email both the .mca file and the diagnostic text file to email@example.com
Email (sales and technical support): firstname.lastname@example.org